Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tour by Carol Snow

Tour

Carol Snow

Near a shrine in Japan he'd swept the path
and then placed camellia blossoms there.
Or -- we had no way of knowing -- he'd swept the path
between fallen camellias.

Response: When I first read this poem I did not understand what the poet was trying to say until I read it for a second time. I liked the way he picked a location that seemed peaceful, the shrine in Japan. It really adds to the "feel" of the poem.

Meaning: To me, this poem means that there are always different ways to look upon different situations. For example, in this poem, the poet stated one way was to look at the situation was that the man swept a path, and then put the blossoms down, and the other, was that he swept the path through the fallen blossoms. 

Technique: The poet did not use any real type of rhyming or meter to this poem. It just naturally flows due to the short lines and breaks between them. The setting of the scene really adds to the calm feeling given off by this short poem.

4 comments:

  1. have you thought that it meant that to each ending is new begninning?....good work kratchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its about dinosaurs..but very nice response anyways. it was a very interesting poem and the way you looked at it was amazing. love you kratchypoo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess who kratchy...........
    Yeah I agree with you about reading multiple times to understand the poem. The short ones always get ya. However, it is a very meaningful poem.
    Zzzzzzzz..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nick Karach, I am a senior in high school and I was wondering if I could send you like an email or something offline(not on a blog or website). Just let me know if that would be possible.

    ReplyDelete